Minisforum Announces Venus UM560 Series Mini PC with AMD Ryzen 5 5625U Processor
Minisforum, a well-known mini PC manufacturer, has just launched a new Venus series UM560. Previously, Minisforum has launched a number of powerful mini PCs with Intel processors, as well as a few AMD Ryzen models. But today, we saw the new Venus family of UM560, the starting price of the barebones SKU is 359 US dollar. The Minisforum Venus UM560 Series provide maximum performance and flexibility of work with the AMD Ryzen 5 5625U processor and Radeon™ Graphics. UM560 is a multipurpose mini computer designed for use in a variety of solutions, such as a home office, media center/HTPC, printer management PC, digital signage, or mass-deployed enterprise IT solution.
The AMD Ryzen 5 5625U is a 15W processor made using the modern TSMC 7nm process. It has 6 cores and 12 threads with a base clock of 2.3 GHz and a boost clock of 4.3 GHz. It has 16 MB of L3 cache. The APU also comes with an integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 graphics card with 7 CUs at up to 1800MHz.
The body of the Minisforum Venus UM560 Series measures only 12.8 cm long, 12.66 cm wide and 4.65 cm high. Fully supports up to 64Gb of dual channel DDR4 memory. It has one PCIe M.2 2280 slot and one 2.5-inch SATA HDD slot for storage expansion (SATA 3.0 6.0 Gb/s). Four monitors can be connected at the same time to the Minisforum UM560 Venus Mini PC using 2 HDMI ports and 2 USB-C ports. One of the USB-C ports on the back of the computer supports ALT mode. Alt-Mode allows USB-C ports to transfer data/video over multiple interfaces, including the increasingly popular DisplayPort video interface.
If the monitor supports USB PD (USB Power Delivery), users can use this port to power the computer and transfer the video signal to the monitor at the same time, which makes the whole setup cleaner. The package also includes a 65W GaN power adapter that is small and light. If customers buy it with 256GB of storage or 512GB of storage, it will come pre-installed with Windows 11 Pro.
Minisforum Venus UM560 Series Mini PC Interfaces:
- RJ45 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Port*1
- 0 Port*2
- 2 Port*2 (Gen2)
- USB-C (Support 65W USB-C PD power and display, in back)*1
- USB-C (Gen2 , Data Transfer, in front)*1
- Clear CMOS*1
- 5mm Audio Jack*1
Price and Configuration:
- Barebone: $359.00
- 8GB RAM+256GB SSD: Sale price$439.00
- 16GB RAM+256GB SSD: $479.00
- 16GB RAM+512GB SSD: $499.00
- 32GB RAM+512GB SSD: $569.00
Finally, there is an optional wall mount bracket for the Minisforum Venus series UM560 mini PC. Interested friends can go to the official website to buy, and the price of different configurations ranges from 359 to 569 US dollars.
Specifications of the Minisforum Venus UM560 Series
- CPU: AMD Ryzen R5-5628U, 6C / 12T @ 3.3 GHz base / 4.3 GHz boost frequency, 384KB L1 + 3MB L2 + 16MB L3 cache.
- GPU:Integrated AMD Radeon Vega7 @ 1800 MHz core graphics
- SO-DIMM memory: 8GB×2 DDR4 dual-channel starting (maximum 32GB×2 dual-channel)
- Storage expansion:one M.2 2280 SSD (optional 256~512GB) + One 2.5" SATA drive bay
- Wireless Connection: Supports M.2 2230 Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Adapter
- Video Output:Back HDMI × 2 (4K @ 60Hz) + Front USB-C × 1 (4K @ 60Hz)
- Audio Output:Front 3.5 mm Audio Jack/HDMI
- Backplane I/O:5 GbE Ethernet, 2×USB 2.0 + 2×USB 3.2 (Gen 2) + 1×USB-C (supports 65W PD power supply/display output), etc.
- Power supply:65W USB-C adapter included
- OS:Windows 11 Pro pre-installed
- Dimensions:8 × 12.66 × 4.25 cm