Honor V7 Pro Previewed GPD XP Plus
GPD has revealed details about the GPD XP Plus, an update to the GPD XP the company already sells. Qualcomm's high prices and restrictive policies allegedly forced GPD to use the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 instead of the Snapdragon G3X Gen 1 it was meant to use. GPD shares several specifications of XP Plus, the successor to XP. It appears that the GPD XP Plus retains the design of its predecessor, which included a modular controller and a 6.81-inch display. Today, we tested a few games with the Honor V7 Pro Tablet and previewed XP Plus. You can make up your own mind! The internal test Device is expected to come out at the end of the month!
First compare these two processors, see the picture above. Dimensity 1200 adopts 1 super-large core A78, 3 large-core A78, 4 small-core A55, that is, 1+3+4 design, Xun Kun 1300T adopts 4 large-core+4 small-core design. Xun Kun 1300T is slightly weaker than Dimensity 1200!
The MediaTek Dimensity 1200
is a powerful 5G smartphone processor with best-in-class AI, and a Camera. MediaTek Designed the most powerful 5G integrated modem that gives every day 5G NR experiences. The Dimensity 1200 is the first 5G processor with Dual 5G SIM . Dual 5G connectivity provides the best quality voice and video call services and user experience. it’s HDR camera Video capture 40% Greater Dynamic Range. and 20 % faster night short.
Kompanio 1300T :
These processors are not for smartphones. it’s only for tablets. there is no reason to compare. Here the real winner is the Dimensity 1200 but we can see the difference between dimensity 1200 and 1300T. but sometimes those processors perform the same to same. honor is the first company to launch the 1300T chipset with honor V7 pro. it’s launched 26 July 2021, in future it could be coming on any Smartphones brand device.
- MediaTek Kompanio 1300T processor
- 11-inch Full HD+ LCD display, 120Hz refresh rate, 2560×1600 resolution
- Android 11, MagicUI 5
- Shooting: Enable the built-in screen recording tool
- Emulator: Ether Emulator (Aethersx2)
- Tested Games: PS2 Devil May Cry 2, PS2 God of War 2, PS2 Devil May Cry 3: Dante Awakens, PSP God of War
Because the built-in screen recording tool is turned on, the frame rate will plummet , which is not the true level of the Kompanio 1300T.
Here is the effect when the screen is not recorded :
- PS2 Devil May Cry 2 : You can open 4 times the resolution, and the whole process can run at 60 frames
- PS2 God of War 2 : open 2x resolution, stable 60 frames without dropping frames, 3x resolution is about 45 frames, 4x resolution is about 27~38 frames
- PS2 Devil May Cry 3--Dante's Awakening : open 2x resolution, about 50~55 frames
- PSP God of War : 4x resolution, 60fps stable
PS2 God of War 2 at 3 times the resolution, the picture quality is already very beautiful, if the external display is actively cooled, the effect will be very beautiful. The same PSP God of War at 4 times the resolution, output to the monitor, the picture quality is more beautiful!
ARM processors, under passive cooling, will definitely cause the GPU to downclock, thereby reducing the game frame rate and game stuttering. XP Plus adds active cooling, the purpose is to solve the frequency reduction problem and keep the game running smoothly!
GPD XP Plus is expected to go on sale in May 2022, and a public funding campaign on the Indiegogo platform will be activated soon.